Help with the Android device scan screen Follow
Several things can affect the list of available devices shown on the scan screen during device linking and pairing. Here's how to resolve them:
Try These First
After doing each of the following, re-check the scan screen in the Moxee App.
- Stop Airplane mode on the phone, if it's on
- Turn on Bluetooth® on the phone and leave it on until after pairing is finished
- Use the Restart Bluetooth button in the app, if shown
- Reset the Moxee device
- Restart your phone
The Moxee App says this Moxee device is in use by another account
Each Moxee device can be linked to only one Account Owner at a time. That Account Owner must log in on each phone that Moxee device will pair to for using Bluetooth Mode. If you are attempting to set up this Moxee device with a second phone, make sure you have logged into the original Account Owner's account in the Moxee App, and are not creating a new account.
You may also remove the Moxee device from the previous Account Owner's account, then start the linking process again as a new Account Owner.
The Connection LED turns off while the Moxee App shows the scan screen
- Reset the Moxee device, wait for the Connection LED to turn solid green, then check the scan screen again.
- Charge the Moxee device for at least 1 hour, turn it on again, wait for the Connection LED to turn solid green, then check the scan screen again.
- Check that the Moxee device was not set up for a different Account Owner on this or another smartphone, using a different email address and/or phone number. If it was, log in to their account on your phone and re-try pairing from the User & Device Details screen.
- Contact your cellular carrier for additional support.
Moxee device and smartphone became separated
Keep the Moxee device and your phone within a foot of each other until the full pairing process is complete.
The Connection LED was blue while the Moxee App showed the scan screen
The Moxee device has already paired to this or another smartphone.
- Check in the Bluetooth settings screen for your phone for a device with a name like "n8Me3kVe". If a device appears there and the settings screen shows it is connected, it is most likely the Moxee device that you're attempting to pair, and you can quit the pairing process. You can confirm this by using the Test Device tool.
- If you see no similar names or if the Test Device tool asks you to pair this Moxee device, then the Moxee device is paired to a different phone. That phone must be disconnected from the Moxee device, then you must reset the Moxee device. To disconnect the other phone from your Moxee device, that phone must be turned off, taken more than 200 feet away, have its Bluetooth turned off, or have its pairing removed. Only remove the pairing if you do not intend to use both phones to help send out alerts from this Moxee device.