What is the difference between an Account Owner and a Device User? Follow
Our devices can be used by anyone. The person who activates and configures each device using our apps on their smartphone is an Account Owner. The person who carries and presses the button during an alert is the Device User. An Account Owner can assign a device to themselves during configuration, making them both Account Owner and Device User.
The Account Owner can:
- Log in to the app on a smartphone
- Add and remove devices including assigning users
- Invite, remove, and manage Contacts who receive notifications
- Refresh current location on all configured devices compatible with their app
- Use the Device Finder tool
- Receive push notifications for active Alerts, Check-ins, and when a device has low battery or powers off.
- Receive text message and email notifications for active Alerts and Check-ins
- Customize alert emails for Check-ins and Yellow Alerts
- Close an active Alert
A Device User can: