Why is the displayed location different from where the Device User is? Follow
Our devices find their location using one or more technologies including GPS, cell tower positioning, and Wi-Fi positioning. Cell tower positioning is less accurate than either GPS or Wi-Fi positioning. GPS and Wi-Fi positioning is not possible in all locations.
Reported position can be incorrect for three reasons:
- The location reported was not precise enough to match the Device User's exact, real location. This can happen when:
- Geographic structures or building materials partially or completely block the positioning system radio signal
- There are few or no nearby Wi-Fi access points
- Only cell tower positioning is available
- In rare instances, atmospheric weather events can interfere with satellite and ground-based radio signals
- The location is reported only once at the time of Check-in. If the Device User continues to move, the location may not update for an hour or more, unless the Device User sends another Check-in or the Account Owner uses the Moxee App to locate the Moxee device.
- The Device User closed their Yellow or Red Alert and the real-time position updates have stopped.
- They have an open Yellow or Red Alert and they are moving quickly; the location is updated once every 15 seconds during open Yellow or Red Alerts.
- They have an open alert and the user's Moxee device has lost network connectivity and can't deliver updates.